Glittery, Glistening Ring
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Becoming a Bride and other Bridal Beauty topics.
How can I keep my ring looking sparkly and new?
Your engagement ring should continue to shine, no matter the weather or the wear. Keep your engagement ring sparkling with these tips:
- Take your ring in for deep cleanings every so often. Many jewelers offer this as a complimentary service.
- Buy ring cleaner and soak your ring in it weekly.
- Take your ring off before you engage in any vigorous activities such as workouts, weightlifting or sports.
- Don't wear your engagement ring while cleaning the house. Harsh chemicals can have a negative effect on the metal.
- Before gardening, take your ring off. Trapped dirt and soil will make your ring look dull.
- Remove your ring when applying lotion. The lotion will cloud the stones in your ring and reduce its sparkle.
- Have your ring professionally inspected once a year. Doing this on your anniversary every year will be an easy date to remember.
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your ring will keep the stones gleaming.