DIY Hair Hints
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Bridal Hair Styles and other Bridal Beauty topics.
What tips can you give me for doing my own hair for my wedding?
Although it is ideal that a bride have her hair done by a professional the day of her wedding, it is not always possible. Overstretched budgets can make it difficult to get a professional hairstylist for your wedding. If you are doing your own hair for your wedding, take note of these tips:
- Materials that will come in handy include a rattail comb, bobby pins, mousse, hairspray, curling irons of different sizes, flat iron, blow dryer, hot rollers, Velcro rollers, hair pins, teasing comb, hair accessories.
- Second day hair takes better to styling than freshly washed hair.
- Practice your style at least twice before your wedding day to make sure you can achieve your desired result.
- Use hairspray sparingly, you can always put more on, but you can't take any away.
- Wear a robe or button front shirt when styling your hair, then you don't have to worry about ruining your hair when you undress.
- A sleek low ponytail with a deep side part is super simple and can look very stylish with pretty accessories.
Do it yourself wedding hair can be done, it just takes practice and patience.