For the Bride on a Budget
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about The Wedding Dress and other Bridal Beauty topics.
How can I find the perfect wedding dress but not spend a fortune on it?
Not every bride is fortunate enough to have an unlimited budget for their wedding. But budgeted brides shouldn't worry because here are some creative ways to find a dream gown within their means:
- Shop sample sales at a great bridal boutique. Sample sales offer designer dresses at a fraction of the cost.
- Consignment shops offer wedding gowns that were gently used or possibly never even used at a minimal price.
- Online auctions such as E-bay offer new, used and heirloom wedding dresses to you. Simply place your bid and cross your fingers.
- Outlet stores often carry wedding dresses at a very small price as well. You may have to look through racks for hours, but it could save you hundreds, even thousands of dollars.
- Are you or someone you know a talented seamstress? Sew your own gown with beautiful fabrics for the cost of only the materials.
- Honor your mother or another family member by wearing their gown. It's free and very sentimental.
Spending a fortune on your wedding dress isn't necessary to have a beautiful one. Finding a dress that makes you happy and has meaning to you is the way to go.